Monday, September 29, 2008

Self Portrait

I started my digital self portrait by taking and looking at many pictures of myself . Which is hard to do, because I do not like pictures of me? Then I sat down and started to think about what made me…..me. You know what makes a person who or what they are? I came up with my family! I’m not me with out my family. Now I started to look for pictures of my family. As I was looking through my pictures, I came across a picture I took of a sunrise right after my mother passed away. She loved to sit and watch the sunrise. I felt that this sunrise was a way to say that life goes on in a full circle.
The first thing I did is scan the picture of the sunrise. Then I went looking for pictures of my family and I also took many pictures of them to help out. Finally I found and took some that I thought would work. I used the magic wand to help me cut and paste to put each on their own layer. Then I resized and used some filters to get the image that I wanted. Next I made a layer to put the image of me on then I lassoed and pasted. Next I took my tablet and sketched around myself and went to the other layers and did the same. I worked on all the layers trying to get the same color and feel for the picture. After a long time working on that, I used the snug and blur to get the result that I have now. You do not even see any of the sketching that I worked on what seemed forever!

No comments: